- Your Virtual Challenges by Ministry of Medals conducts business in accordance to The Charities Act 1992. For this purpose we are considered as a “Commercial Participator”.
- Participants taking part in any Your Virtual Challenges by Ministry of Medals virtual events do so entirely at their own risk and are solely responsible for choosing a safe route to complete their challenge. Entrants should ensure that appropriate clothing and accessories are worn at all times to ensure their safety. Your Virtual Challenges by Ministry of Medals and the charities it supports accept no responsibility for any injuries or accidents sustained whilst taking part in Your Virtual Challenges by Ministry of Medals virtual events.
- Your Virtual Challenges by Ministry of Medals encourage children to participate in our virtual events. We do however recommend that all children are accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- Entry into a Your Virtual Challenges by Ministry of Medals virtual event automatically binds you to our terms and conditions.
- We will only use your email address to contact you regarding your order.
- Once you have completed your virtual event, we recommend you upload your evidence, within 6 weeks of signing up to the event unless you are completing a yearly event in which case you will have until the end of the current calendar year, or Couch to 5k you will have 6 months from signing up to the event. Medals will not be able to be claimed if more than 6 months have passed since signing up or, for Couch to 5k and annual mileage medals, evidence is due. Evidence can be a screenshot from a running app (strava, map my run, etc), photo of your treadmill or running watch display or even your Parkrun result. If you have any difficulties with this please contact us and we will work with you to resolve this.
- If a Your Virtual Challenges by Ministry of Medals event supports a nominated charity, Please note that these are not official events of these charities but we run these for the benefit of the named charity.
- Each entry must be submitted individually, but if others signed up and took part in the event with you, the same evidence can be submitted for each person.
We do accept cancellations. Due to limited places available for each event, any refunds will be at the discretion of Your Virtual Challenges by Ministry of Medals.
PRIVACY & COOKIES
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
As you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site to better improve your experience. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (however, we do not hold your credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
If you agree to join our mail-list, either via our site popup, site footer, email signup form, or by agreeing to receive email marketing from us on the checkout (all optional) we will store certain information such as name and email address. We refer to this information as "Marketing information"
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
If you join our mail list without placing an order we also use our Marketing information for this purpose.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States as that is where our website platform Shopify is based.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
- Competitions are open to UK mainland residents only (England, Scotland & Wales).
- The winner will be contacted within 3 days of the closing date of the competition
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered
- We reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, we reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name in posts relating to any post-winning publicity
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery within 30 days of the competition end or announcement of winners, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize
- No purchase necessary
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail. email@example.com